- Book your live chat using the main IAS site (and a computer room/ laptops for Lesson 3 – live chat).
- Check the IT will work.
- Create your student registration link and share with students. How to register your students guide here.
The preparation work (lessons 1 & 2) can be compiled into 1 lesson if needed.
It’s often useful to have a preparation lesson in a computer room so students can explore the researchers’ profiles independently and ASK questions ahead of their live chat.
- Lesson 1 – You’re the Judges!
- Lesson 2 – Meet the scientists (classroom version)
- Lesson 2 – Meet the scientists (computer room version)
- Lesson 3 – Live chat
Involve parents and carers in what you are doing in school through the three after-school chats. These have been really popular in previous events, with students keen to introduce their families and friends to the scientists they have been connecting with in class.
After the event
- Please fill in the feedback survey we email you. You are the expert on what happened in your classroom. Your feedback helps us to continuously improve the event.
- Encourage your students to fill in the student survey on their profiles after the event.
- The moderators pick a student winner – someone who has really engaged with the event. They get a certificate and a £20 gift voucher prize. We’ll let you know if this is one of your students.
Help, I’m stuck!
Call us if your question is urgent – 01225 326892.